The Aerospace Industry in Québec has been well represented at the 2013 edition of the National Business Aviation Association Conference (NBAA), which was held in Las Vegas from October 22 to 24. Nearly 30 companies from Québec, including 14 exhibitors took part in that event to promote their expertise with industry leaders and manufacturers.
From left to right: David Gagné, Creaform, Daniel Cyr, A.T.L.A.S. Aeronautik. Salvador Paniagua, Export Québec, Serge Audet, A.T.L.A.S. Aeronoautik, Martin Baillargeon, Prefix Aerospace, Chantal Blanchet, Prefix Aerospace, Jay Bouvier, Helix, Ovidiu Schiopu, Helix, Daniel Paquette, Québec Delegation in Los Angeles, Maxime Hince, Aéro Montréal.
The NBAA is the main event in business aviation in North America and it’s an area of excellence for Québec companies. This particular trade fair attracts OEMs such as Bombardier, Embraer, Gulfstream, Cessna, and Dassault as well as strategic suppliers of tier 1 and tier 2.
In addition, Bombardier was one of the largest attendee of the show, with both the size of its pavilion and the number of aircrafts on display.
Export Québec, in collaboration with the Québec Government Office in Los Angeles, led this important mission, which purpose was:
• to help Québec aerospace companies in their international business development efforts and integrate the global supply chain of the industry;
• to competitively establish Québec Aerospace Industry on the world stage. As a matter of fact, all the entrepreneurs that we met there mentioned the importance of the expansion of the industry in their business activities.
The next major event in the industry on the West Coast is the Aerospace & Defense Supplier Summit, to be held from March 11 to 13, 2014, in Seattle, WA.
Here is the list of Québec companies which attended the NBAA Conference:
• A.T.L.A.S. Aéronautik
• Altitude Aerospace
• Avior Integrated Products
• Bombardier Aerospace
• Cel Aerospace Test Equipment
• CS Communication & Systems Canada Inc.
• Duro-lak Inc.
• FDC Composites
• Innotech-Execaire Aviation Group
• International Business Aviation Council
• Mecachrome Canada
• Mecanica Solutions
• Nav-Aids Ltd
• NSE Automatech
• NTS Consulting
• Pratt & Whitney Canada
• Safari Anticosti inc.
• Shellcast Foundries
• Sonaca Montréal