The Programme de stage en didactique du français, culture et société québécoises is an annual 3-week enrichment program that welcomes over 70 teachers of French to Québec every year. The government of Québec offers scholarships to selected participants that help defray the costs. The program, which has been in place since 1978, alternates between Montréal and Québec City.
The program aims to enhance participants’ knowledge of the theories, methods and best practices for teaching French as a foreign language in addition to familiarizing participants with Québec’s culture and society.
The program for teachers from the United States is offered by the Université de Montréal and it consists of three parts: didactics, linguistics and culture.
The scholarship is offered by the Ministry of International Relations, Francophonie and External Trade and it covers:
• Registration, fees and pedagogical materials
• Lodging in campus housing
• Medical coverage
• Airport transfer
• Meal vouchers (for a total of $300)
• International transportation
• Meals above the $300 voucher
• Personal expenses
• either be a full-time teacher of French or oversee the staffing of teachers of French at either the university or pre-university level;
• be proficient in oral and written French;
• be a citizen of the country in which the scholarship is offered;
• be between 18-55 years old;
• not have participated in the program during the past five years; and
• be selected by the organization overseeing the scholarship.
All materials must be submitted by March 15, 2013 to the AATF.
For complete details and to access the application materials, please click HERE.